locked Re: QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Personally I would rather see the gridsquare, but not fussed if I don’t. eQSL.cc or LotW normally provide it soon enough and failing those a quick look up on QRZ.com.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Bill Somerville
Sent: 30 September 2021 15:04
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Tom,

if you take that view then you will miss out on any QSOs with stations who are using non-standard callsigns. In general grid squares are only exchanged for aerial pointing assistance or if required as part of a contest exchange. Unless required by the exchange format the information can normally be readily obtained post QSO if you need it, and for awards, in most cases, it would need to be confirmed on a QSL anyway.

On 30/09/2021 14:26, Tom Melvin wrote:

Afternoon

Personally hate the idea - mind you I do collect squares - the supplied ‘procedure’ works well and for the sake of a period is it worth it.

Tom

GM8MJV

On 30 Sep 2021, at 10:46, chas cartmel <chas@...> wrote:

Not sure if this is a new trend but lately I am having CQs replied to with a report as the first data sent rather than a locator.
Not a big deal here as I do not collect squares, but still ‘off process’. It does speed things up though J

Thoughts?

73 Charlie

G4EST

--