locked Re: Blank Band activity screen #decode

Rob Adams

Bill
No haven’t. Computer clock and WSJT clocks are the same.

Browser guard (malware bytes) says I can’t download from NTP due to possible Trojan.

On Sep 29, 2021, at 10:06, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 29/09/2021 15:25, Rob Adams wrote:

Morning all,

See the included screenshot

Set up ( Radio type, CAT/VOX / Com port 4, baud rate 9600 / audio Input is mono for the computer <> microphone (Computer using Realtek Microphone and Output is Speaker Realtek Audio).

Tested OK ( green Test CAT button )  Test PTT button is greyed out.

Trying FT8 but no Band activity noted.  Wide graph indicates Tx.

Depending on what / when receive ( Monitor) the Decode button flashes Blue intermittently.

Tune button pressed ( steady clear tone ) so no issue there.

I can hear the ‘warble’ from speaker in my radio .... presuming that’s the problem, signal not going into the computer ?? Do I need a separate mic/spkr cable(s) between devices?

Can’t seem to find documentation on this issue.

Did I miss something on the set up for ICOM IC 718?

Windows 10 operating system.

Hi Rob,

have you installed a 3rd party time synchronization tool like the Meinberg NTP Client as reccommened in the WSJT-X User Guide?

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0.html#INSTALL_WIN