From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pietro Molina
Sent: 29 September 2021 12:05
To: main@wsjtx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Problem with 2.5.0 setup #install #Windows07

Hi Tom, you're right, no flame.

I don't understand why people that have W7 on their PC do not upgrade. W10 is less demanding, so if the PC is not very very old (born with XP, I mean), it will run better, in our experience.

Despite Microsoft offering (with payment) an EOS, our privacy & security supervisor wanted us to move to W10. Good experience, however. Free of charge.

73

I2OIM

Il giorno mer 29 set 2021 alle ore 11:20 Tom Melvin <tom@...> ha scritto:

Hi Pietro

Don’t want to start an flame but …

For Windows 7 Home and general users you are correct in saying EOS was Jan 2020 BUT FYI if you have the Extended Security Updates (ESU) package it can be up to another three years - support to Jan 10th 2023

Downside it does cost but many organisation have a Volume Licences  for internal/staff  use so it does depend on your company and or resources.  This is Win 7 Pro / Enterprise.

While this applies just to security fixes - as  99% of Windows 7 programs are stable and if there was going to be an issue it would have been resolved.

You should really quantify any EOS comment made, they don’t apply across the board. Majority of users yes but not all.

Have a good day

Regards and 73

Tom

GM8MJV

On 28 Sep 2021, at 19:03, Pietro Molina <pietro@...> wrote:

Your mind. Windows 7 support ended on 2020, January.
I know that a lot of people has W7 running (my company ha a couple, too) bu support is ended and I bet that prog does not try setup on w7.

Pietro I2OIM

PS: for the second, wait for reply... a lot of time I had that problem with SW that does not install in program (x86) directory.

For more info visit www.bullguard.com