locked Re: General Availability (GA) Release of WSJT-X version 2.5.0 #GeneralGroupInfo

Roger

On 28/09/2021 03:03, Chuck Adams wrote:
From K1JT:
We are pleased to announce the General Availability (GA) release of WSJT-X version 2.5.0. New features are described in the WSJT-X User Guide here:
https://physics.princeton.edu//pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0.html#NEW_FEATURES ( https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0.html#NEW_FEATURES )
and also Release Notes:
https://physics.princeton.edu//pulsar/k1jt/Release_Notes.txt ( https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/Release_Notes.txt )
On Windows platforms, WSJT-X 2.5 includes MAP65 3.0.0, a wideband polarization-matching tool intended for EME.
Links to WSJT-X 2.5.0 installation packages for Windows, Linux, and Macintosh are available here:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html
You can also download the packages from our SourceForge site:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/
It may take a short time for the SourceForge site to be updated.
WSJT-X for Windows now ships with Hamlib built as a dynamic link library (DLL). This change will allow Hamlib bug fixes to be resolved by replacing the DLL with an updated version.
Good morning Chuck

This came up for moderation this morning, probably because the hashtag was not on the existing list.

There's already too many hashtags and I'd spend some time yesterday removing a few which have recently crept through.

I made a rapid decision to change the hashtag to #GeneralGroupInfo on the basis the rest of the subject make the topic clear. I hope you understand and this is OK with you.

This hashtag has the disadvantage that it's moderator only but the advantage that subsequent discussions will be split into discreet subjects rather than a large unwieldy one.

My apologies if you are not happy with my choice.

Kind regards
Roger
GW4HZA