locked Re: Pi4 HAMLIB error message WSJT-X #install #WSJTX_config #raspberryPi #Yaesu

Michael Black

Timing out means problems talking to the com port.

Try this..adjust com port and baud to suit...
rigctl-wsjtx -m 1042 -r /dev/xxxxx -s 9600

If and of those commands give an error then do this

rigctl-wsjtx -m 1042 -r /dev/xxxxx -vvvvv -Z f m v >log.txt 2>&1

And send me the log.txt file.

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, September 26, 2021, 10:10:26 AM CDT, <regiogringo@...> wrote:

I'm trying to set up my Pi4 with WSJT-X  with my Yaesu FT-DX10.  I could never get the Pi4 to work with WSJT-X, and I'm getting the following HAMLIB error message:

"HAMLIB error Communication timed out
newcat.c(1528): newcat.get_vfo return(-5)e
ng_vfo:returning -5 (Communication timed out)
newcat.c(9692) newcat_get_vfo return (-5)
newcat.c(1528) newcat_get_vfo return (-5)
return(-5)ng.c(2695)ng_get_vfo return(-5) while testing getting current VFO"

I don't understand what the error message is alluding to. Can anyone advise what settings I should check in the FT-DX10, or within WSJT-X, that might remedy the problem?  The Pi4 is set up using Build-A-Pi from Jason, KM4ACK, and all updates and patches have been completed. The radio is connected via USB, and I've selected the automatic settings within the FT-DX10 for FT8, seems to be the correct settings when I check them individually within radio. My intuition says that the radio isn't connected to the Pi4, but of course, the data cable is physically connected. I also have FLRIG installed on the Pi4, but it doesn't seem to be properly controlling the radio. I prefer to have WSJT-X control the radio, but of course, I'm getting the HAMLIB error message.  I believe I've setup the settings within WSJT-X properly.

I have WSJT-X installed on a Windows 10 machine, and it's currently working fine, no error messages.  I am currently using a Yaesu FT-991A on the Windows 10 machine, and running FT8 flawlessly.  So, it isn't like I'm a total novice with respect to setting WSJT-X up to work properly. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to also have WSJT-X working on my Pi4 so I can use it via my FT-DX10.