locked Re: WSJT-X & Alinco DX- Sr8 T #txaudio #Alinco

dave chaffee <medicdave220@...>

House electrical ground and shack ground are separate, and separated by my house. House ground is on front right of house, and was just replaced in April of this year. Shack ground is back left of house, installed november of last year.  I have varied output power in the wsjt program, radio, and varied the power setting on the signal link.  Only thing I havent done is the dummy load.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 5:57 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
And is your copper rod connected to the house ground?  Electrical code requirement in the USA...
And affects all sorts of stuff in your shack if not done.

You didn't answer the question about reducing power though or using a dummy load.  If the problem goes away it's RF in the shack.

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, September 16, 2021, 04:52:10 PM CDT, dave chaffee <medicdave220@...> wrote:

Thanks Guys,

My shack is grounded with 4 foot of copper rod buried in the ground, connected by 6 gauge solid copper wire to bus bar.  each unit is connected to bus bar with 10 gauge copper wire. power level does not matter. I have adjusted both radio power output and changed it in the WSJT-X software. With the exception of the antenna coax for both my radios ( I have a 50 watt quad band mobile I use for 6/2 meter) all interconnect cables just got new iron ferrite collars.  I dont have any problems with my quad band, just the Alinco and digital modes.  I also run a DMR hot spot with no issues. The only issue is between the radio, either computer, and the signal link.  Nothing else in the house is affected.  My Dad would kick my butt if I didnt have everything hooked up with rf interference in mind !!  But that doesnt mean I cant be getting from one of those 3 items !!

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 5:02 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
And what happens if you turn power way down or use a dummy load....does it work OK then?

Sounds like RF in the shack.

How is your shack grounded?

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, September 16, 2021, 04:00:13 PM CDT, <medicdave220@...> wrote:

I am new to WSJT_X. I have an Alinco DX - SR8T HF Radio, interface to my radio is a signal link usb.  I am using WSJT_X version 2.4.0.  I have tried it in both 64 and 32 bit versions on windows 10/7/xp.
My problem is EVERY time I go into transmit, it resets my audio settings, and locks up my radio/signal link in transmit.  To make it even more interesting, it also resets my audio settings on both computers that I have running, and also opens various folders on them.  I have checked and rechecked the setup, multiple times, each time following the instructions for my signal link, and wsjt-x setup.  My antenna is about 35 feet from my radio room. I have put all new iron ferrite collars on all my cables.
My main computer is a HP Gaming computer. One laptop (win 7/64) is a HP dv6000, the other is an older dell.

HELP !!

73's
Dave Chaffee KC3NRI

--