locked Re: #IssueReport #WSPR #IssueReport #WSPR

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Kenwood TS-590sg, not using internal tuner. Only using the MFJ-998RT in the shack, 1500w autotuner.
Hasan

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 3:29 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
Hi Hasan,

which rig are you using? Are you using an auto-ATU built into your rig?

On 08/09/2021 21:22, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
Also RC6 here, although downloaded a few days ago. I think there was a hamlib fix since then, but have not downloaded since very early RC6.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 11:21 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
Hi Hasan,

Steve, K9AN, and I are running WSPR band-hopping with a variety of bands set for Tune and Rx only. Neither of us are seeing this issue so far. I am using the latest 2.5.0 RC6 version.

On 08/09/2021 15:00, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
No, no errors at all, see an occasional audio stream error, nothing else

Hasan

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 8:20 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
Hi Hasan,

are there any Hamlib error messages in the WJST-X wsjtx_syslog.log file that correlate with the time of the issue?

On 08/09/2021 01:09, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
Bill,
I found the correlation I was looking for.

If I tell WSPR Schedule to use the TUNE function (to make the autotuner adjust the antenna SWR on each band prior to transmitting), the ENABLE Tx light goes out in short order (next transmission or so).

If I uncheck the boxes on each band for Tune, and let the transmit signal itself actuate the auto-tuner, everything works normally.

In reality, the TUNE function in the Scheduler is redundant, because the autotuner itself will auto-tune when RF is sent to it anyway, there is no need to 'pre-tune' things.

However, what I am reporting is undesirable and probably should be fixed, if it's a real malfunction.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Sat, Sep 4, 2021 at 12:21 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 04/09/2021 13:34, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
WSJT-X 2.5.0 RC5
Mode WSPR

Issue:

When in Band Hopping Mode, with a proper schedule, the Enable Transmit button randomly goes dark and never lights up again.

This results in hours and hours of listening overnight with no transmitting.

Is there an order effect or something that would cause this in terms of setup? It used to work perfectly with identical settings many versions ago.

Anyone else seen this?

TIA, 73, N0AN
Hasan

Hi Hasan,

that behaviour may be caused by a CAT error. Have a look in the wsjtx_syslog.log file (in the WSJT-X log files directory) for any Hamlib error messages around the time that the "Enable Tx" button resets.