locked Re: #txaudio #txaudio

KT7AZ

Edited

When Win 10 does one of the upgrades from say 20H? To 20H?? It resets many of your hardware settings to default, this includes your sound cards.  These default settings include “power save” modes.  Unfortunately these settings are notorious for breaking the sound card settings used.  I have found that my sound card would quit working when computer screen would turn off buy the timer I set in Windows.

I finally gave up and turned that feature.

you can also go to Control Panel, Device Manager and right click your hardware devices one by one, right click and select Properties, then look for a tab called “Power Management”.  Once there uncheck the box next to “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

Not sure why Microsoft forces this feature, guess they are just green zealots.

Gary
KT7AZ
--
KT7AZ