locked Re: #txaudio #txaudio

Hasan Schiers N0AN

If you have dedicated USB sound devices (like a cheap dongle) and you assign WSJT-X to them, you won't have Win10 Pro update problems UNLESS....you plug in or unplug a new USB device, in which case the USB devices get re-enumerated by windows...and then the order of things can get messed up.

My suggestion:

Rename your WSJT-X audio devices (you can do that in windows), to a name that you will recognize (very handy if they re-enumerate) Restart WSJT-X after you do this renaming.

If you plug in or remove a USB device (audio), be sure to check to see that a name has not changed and that WSJT-X is still talking to the device you had previously set.

Since I went to naming my audio devices and NOT changing any USB audio devices, I have not had the problem with a Win10 Pro update messing things up for WSJT-X. Just remember if you change (add or remove) a USB audio device, you are well ahead of the game to check that your devices in X still match up the names in Windows list of Audio Devices.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 1:18 PM Gilbert Baron <w0mn00@...> wrote:

IF you have more than 1 sound card and you leave one as the default and do not use the default card in any way for your radio usage AND you do not use the second card for anything but your radio usage then this will not happen. It has not been the least problem for me for any version of Windows. Now on W10 Pro but have used many other versions.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb