locked Re: Spotted on wrong gridsquare? #IssueReport #WSPR

Bill Somerville

On 26/08/2021 21:00, Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB) wrote:
I had the same issue the other day DN90 is correct where did the other grid square come from?
Hi Ryan,

possibly someone in JO22li square has a call that is a hash collision with yours. As they are sending a 6-character grid they will be sending message pairs with a hash code in the second of each pair. I see a spot of your station with a 6-character grid also, do you have the "Prefer Type 1 Messages" option unchecked or checked?