locked Re: Adding WSJTX to Mac #TechnicalHelpQuestion #macOS

Mark Finkelstein

Edited

Hi Bill and thank you for your quick reply.

I have a MacBook Air M1 running OS Big Sur 11.5.2. Connected to one of the two USB C ports is a Sabrent USB C Exterior Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. I have cables running from the Sound Card to the REM/Data port on the Lab599 TX 500. I have made sure that mic is to mic and headphone is to headphone.

I am running WSJTX 2.4.0 with radio set as Kenwood TS-480, serial port USB, 9600, 8/1/N PTT is CAT. When I push test CAT I get errors. Pictures attached.

Hope this helps.

I’m running 5 watts on the TX500 through an Elecraft T1 tuner and a home brew rooftop dipole.

Thanks and 73’s,
Mark

On Aug 24, 2021, at 5:25 PM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 24/08/2021 22:16, Mark Finkelstein via groups.io wrote:
I am not very good with computers and am trying to load WSJTX on a MacBook Pro. I downloaded the file, dragged the icon over and restarted the computer. It seems like the program loaded but I’m getting an error message saying the computer isn’t talking to the radio.

Is there a resource that explains this Mac set up for people that are not so good with computers.

Thanks in advance,
Mark KB2PIZ
Mark,

if you are getting a rig control error then you must have selected a rig in the WSJT-X preferences. For that to work you must have some connection between your rig and Mac, but you don't tell us anything about that, or indeed what rig you have. Also please include the full text of any rig control message, including the details, with any issue report about rig control?