locked Re: After upgrade to WSJT-X 2.4.0, an IC-7600 no longer changes bands on SPE Expert 1K-FA power amplifier #Cat_RigControl

Michael Black

Are you operating in Split mode?  Is VFOB not changing on band change?

If so, try Fake It

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 02:19:20 PM CDT, Frode Igland <frodeigland2@...> wrote:

We have now conducted some tests in our club station, where we run the same setup: an IC-7600 and an SPE Expert 1K-FA. The PA has followed the radio and WSJT-X for years without problems.
  • First, we operated with WSJT-X 2.3.1.Everything worked smoothly, with the PA instantly following the band changes in the radio.
  • We then operated with WSJT-X 2.4.0 and immediately the PA stopped following the radio. A click on the WSJT-X Tune button instantly changed the band in the PA.
  • Changing bands by entering the MHz in the frequency roll-down menu worked in the same way as changing bands by clicking in the roll-down menu.
  • It made no difference whether SET - OTHERS - CI-V Transceive was set to ON or OFF.
  • However, when we closed WSJT-X, the PA changed to the same band as WSJT-X and the radio.
  • The same happened when we opened WSJT-X in a different band than the PA's band.
  • Apparently, when opening and closing of WSJT-X the software sends a band change signal to the radio which is instantly sent further to the PA, which responds instantly, whilst at ordinary band changes made in WSJT-X, such a signal is sent to the radio, but it never reaches the PA.
  • Changing the band directly on the radio makes the PA change to the corresponding band.
We are left with only one situation where the PA does not respond to band changes made in the radio: When a band change is made in WSJT-X, and it never was a problem until we changed from WSJT-X 2.3.1 to WSJT-X 2.4.0.

73, Frode LA6VQ