locked Re: "Error in Sound Input" (message box) Circle w/ RED X ---- my WSJT is "BRICKED" #AudioIssues #Windows10 #Elecraft

Reino Talarmo

Hi Bill,

It seems that Windows does not recognize your sound card or that sound card is not selected in wsjt-x Audio tab.

The audio card driver may also be faulty or missing. I would start by deleting the audio card driver and reinstall it. I am not expert in Windows, but the audio driver may be automatically installed at restart after drive deletion. Of course it needs to be inserted at restart (not reboot, I think).

73, Reino OH3mA

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of bill333@...
Sent: 24. elokuutata 2021 7:42
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] "Error in Sound Input" (message box) Circle w/ RED X ---- my WSJT is "BRICKED" #Windows10 #Elecraft #AudioIssues #AudioIssues

[Edited Message Follows]

"so try a Windows restart"  .....was suggested...... yes I did a restart ....I did a zillion restarts while troubleshooting

Please note that ..................my radio is disconnected and OFF
Please note again that ........Rig = none
Please note again that ........FT-8 sample files decode flawlessly and repeatedly with clicking DECODE button

Please note again that ..     "Error in Sound Input" happens immediately when I click MONITOR button

Please note that .................I have been using this wsjt-x setup for 2 years with same hardware and connections.
Please note that............... .I have uninstalled and tries different wsjt-x versions many many many times

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.