locked Re: After upgrade to WSJT-X 2.4.0, an IC-7600 no longer changes bands on SPE Expert 1K-FA power amplifier #Cat_RigControl

Bengt SM6MUY

Hi

Yes, when I realized I had this problem I did a search and found your thread Frode. I have the IC-7300. But not the latest firmware (I have 1.30). I don't have the "output" setting. But when realized that it was some issues with the PA I found that CI-V TRANSCEIVE was OFF. Very strange, since I don't remember that I turned it off at any time. Or ON to be honest. As you say in OFF mode everything seems to be very unreliable. Sometimes it works sometime not. In the SEP Expert manual it says that it should be ON. As mentioned earlier I did a test with the really old V2 since I had it on my laptop and everything was fine in "ON" mode. Rig and PA changed frequency at the same time. It seems that some got this problem on v2.5 but I got it already on v2.4. But maybe some misunderstanding from my side...

73/Bengt

On 2021-08-21 19:17, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 21/08/2021 17:16, Frode Igland wrote:
I guess I was the one starting this thread in early June. I noticed that SM6MUY Bengt's WSJT-X Radio tab was set up for an IC-7300, not an IC-7600.

Allan ZS1LS propose that SET - OTHERS - CI-V Output (for ANT) should be set to ON. This may be something from the IC-7300 menu, but there is no such menu in th IC-7600. I believe that this must correspond to the SET - OTHERS - CI-V TRANSCEIVEin the IC-7600. However, Bill G4WJS has mentioned a number of times that the ICOM radio's SET - OTHERS - CI-V TRANSCEIVE should be set to OFF to avoid that WSJT-X and CI-V compete about the CAT control of the radio, a competition that may yield uncertain or unstable results. However, I don't know if this setting has anything to do with the polling function of the Expert 1K-FA, possibly causing it to not update the band/frequency once the band/frequency is changed in WSJT-X and the radio.

73, Frode LA6VQ

Hi Frode,

the Icom IC-7600 does not have the facility to split the REMOTE socket CI-V bus from the CI-V traffic carried over the USB connection, therefore the REMOTE CI-V traffic simply mirrors the traffic carried over the USB connection, and vice versa. With the newer Icom USB connected rigs the REMOTE CI-V bus can be configured to send independent status reports to allow another device to track the transceiver frequency and mode.