locked Re: Yaesu FT-891 Settings Needed #signalink #raspberryPi

Bill Somerville

On 21/08/2021 16:10, Kenneth Blackwell wrote:
Please send me your FT-891 settings (i.e. those settings that you have changed from factory settings) to run WSJT-X on a Linux Raspberry Pi.
I am trying to figure out why my system doesn’t work correctly….especially control of TX power. Power set is always much lower than Power actual and decreases with time. (I use a MFJ digital SWR/power meter)
If you are running a similar system as below, I could use your FT-891 settings.
My hardware setup includes:
1. FT-891
2. USB printer cable between Pi  & the FT-891 for CAT
3. Pi 3B or a Pi 3B+ (Computer)
4. Signalink USB (Sound Card)
5. KB, Mouse, Monitor
My Software is:
1. Raspberry OS (Buster)
2. Hamlib 4.2,
3. WSJT-X 2.4.0
Thanks,
Ken KB4XT
Hi Ken,

see this pinned post for a recipe for setting Tx audio levels correctly:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/13890

The recipe is Windows based but the principles are the same for all systems and should be easy to translate to Linux systems using pulseaudio. You may find it useful to install and use the pavucontrol package to check and set levels.