locked Re: After upgrade to WSJT-X 2.4.0, an IC-7600 no longer changes bands on SPE Expert 1K-FA power amplifier #Cat_RigControl

Frode Igland

I guess I was the one starting this thread in early June. I noticed that SM6MUY Bengt's WSJT-X Radio tab was set up for an IC-7300, not an IC-7600.

Allan ZS1LS propose that SET - OTHERS - CI-V Output (for ANT) should be set to ON. This may be something from the IC-7300 menu, but there is no such menu in th IC-7600. I believe that this must correspond to the SET - OTHERS - CI-V TRANSCEIVEin the IC-7600. However, Bill G4WJS has mentioned a number of times that the ICOM radio's SET - OTHERS - CI-V TRANSCEIVE should be set to OFF to avoid that WSJT-X and CI-V compete about the CAT control of the radio, a competition that may yield uncertain or unstable results. However, I don't know if this setting has anything to do with the polling function of the Expert 1K-FA, possibly causing it to not update the band/frequency once the band/frequency is changed in WSJT-X and the radio.

73, Frode LA6VQ