locked Re: After upgrade to WSJT-X 2.4.0, an IC-7600 no longer changes bands on SPE Expert 1K-FA power amplifier #Cat_RigControl

Allan Saul

I can confirm similar behavior with my Icom IC-7600 and Expert 1.5K-FA.
On version 2.4.0 - no issues.
One version 2.5.0 rc 5 (latest) it does not. You can change bands with WSJT-X and the radio follows, but the Expert doesn't change bands. To action that one need to turn the VFO on the radio a bit (ie send out QRG data). In the past that was not necessary.
Another interesting test is to put the radio into some odd ball frequency and then start WSJT-X. When it comes up it recognized the incorrect QRG (its in red) so obviously its reading the radio QRG.

For the developers : I think what is happening is that in the past the rig was commanded to reply with the QRG once it it was set and the Expert was listening for this output from the RIG, not WSJT-X. Now thats is no longer happening and could be a generic behavior across many Icom rigs now with the updated hamlib files.

73 de Allan ZS1LS