locked Re: Who Gets Answered....

Carl Andreasen

A technique I use is to set, and hold my TX frequency on a clear spot, not on the sender's frequency where there is the pileup, There is no need to call on the same frequency as the caller. You have a better chance of decoding if you are not being interfered with by the other answering stations.

Warren K7CWA

On 8/5/21 6:38 AM, Joe WB9SBD wrote:
When a station is CQing, and say three stations answer the CQ.  What makes the software answer one station and not the other two?

I know in old school like CW pileup calling a station, there are several "Tricks" a calling station can do to help their chances at being the one called.

Of course more power, you are louder than everyone else. In FT-8 does signal strength matter at all?

Timing of the call, When to call during the pileup,  This is more or less not a thing with FT-8 or is it? When the Call 1st is checked, what is actually happening?

Just wondering what a station that answers CQ's can do to maximize their chance of being the one answered.

Joe WB9SBD

--
Warren - K7CWA
http://k7cwa.me