locked Re: Looking for True Time Sync Story #Timesync

Gilbert Baron

Windows time control will now allow you to adjust more often. The default is very log and is fine for the needs of the vast majority. You can set Windows to do it more often and have sub second accuracy.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Smith
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 07:53
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Looking for True Time Sync Story #Timesync

Not missing anything.  If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It.

If you are consistently within maybe 100 ms according to https://time.is then you are good.

Everyone has different hardware, different environment, different settings, if it works for you don't chase 'better'.

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Aug 5, 2021, at 8:41 AM, Michael Luke <mdluke1@...> wrote:

I didn’t want to ask a dumb question but my curiosity is getting the better of me. A year ago I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I used Dem4 for time sync on 7 and though I had brought that forward on 10. After all the recent Email about time sync I thought I should abandon Dem4 and get a better time sync. To my surprise when I  researched my version of time sync I found out that I was NOT using any third party software and was getting sync from Windows 10 native software. This “seems” to have been working well for over a year. I do not want to add a third party software and take the chance of “breaking” anything when it seems to be working fine. My Delta Time in the window below seems to run and average +-0.1 to 0.3. What am I missing here?

Mike WA3MJZ

<image005.jpg>

<image006.jpg>

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.