From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Smith
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 07:53
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Looking for True Time Sync Story #Timesync

Not missing anything.  If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It.

If you are consistently within maybe 100 ms according to https://time.is then you are good.

Everyone has different hardware, different environment, different settings, if it works for you don't chase 'better'.

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Aug 5, 2021, at 8:41 AM, Michael Luke <mdluke1@...> wrote:

I didn’t want to ask a dumb question but my curiosity is getting the better of me. A year ago I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I used Dem4 for time sync on 7 and though I had brought that forward on 10. After all the recent Email about time sync I thought I should abandon Dem4 and get a better time sync. To my surprise when I  researched my version of time sync I found out that I was NOT using any third party software and was getting sync from Windows 10 native software. This “seems” to have been working well for over a year. I do not want to add a third party software and take the chance of “breaking” anything when it seems to be working fine. My Delta Time in the window below seems to run and average +-0.1 to 0.3. What am I missing here?

Mike WA3MJZ

<image005.jpg>

<image006.jpg>

--