locked Re: Time Synch. #Timesync

Ria, N2RJ

I second the NTP distribution from Meinberg. Anything else will get you the same problems as dimension 4.

I have to keep time for regulatory reasons in the financial industry to no greater than 50ms deviation. We would never trust our systems to SNTP. Too much experience with this failing to keep proper time.

Alternatively if you really want to use a SNTP client, there is no need to install a third party one. You can update the polling interval in windows.

Ria
N2RJ

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 5:23 PM Stan Gammons via groups.io <buttercup11421=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
For Windows, I'd recommend Meinberg https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html