locked Re: Speakers, Microphone #wsjt-x #Yaesu

M0PWX

Output from the rig is a balance between the PWR slider in WSJT-x

The windows speaker volume

And the digital gain (DT gain) on the FT-991a

I normally set the DT Gain by getting the volume and PWR settings where I want then, then watch the rig output power when it transmits,

If it is below the power set on the rig I slowly increase the DT until it matches, then back it off a fraction,

If it matches the power of the rig then I back t off a fraction until it just start to drease

I find the ALC level is about in the image below

That’s how I do it,  right or wrong it works for me

73 Peter M0PWX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 29 July 2021 18:17
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Speakers, Microphone #Yaesu #wsjt-x

Hello Frank,

Got the darn thing working it now shows on my watt meter 10 watts when it goes into transmit, Only thing now is to find out if it is actually send a message. I know there is wsper and PSK but have no idea how it works.

Stay healthy

Jim KD9DOG

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 12:54 PM Frank Mellott <frankmellott@...> wrote:

Good afternoon "wisconsin jimmy"

You need to go into the windows settings and select the RADIO's internal sound card as your speaker for receive and your  microphone for transmit.  SPEAKER and MICROPHONE have nothing whatsoever to do with the physical speaker or microphone on the radio or computer.  If you want, you can think of both as virtual as provided by the sound card inside the radio.  I do not have my 991A connected and I am not on the computer I use with it, but you should see the same USB Audio CODEC   you would if using a Signalink instead of the sound card in the radio.  DO NOT use the windows 10 Realtek speakers or the manufacturers audio

If you need more help, please contact me off list

Frank

KB3PQT

-

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.