Re: Can't access WSJT-X website #help

Bill Somerville

On 28/07/2021 13:00, Reid Lanham wrote:
It is the weirdest thing, but I cannot access the WSJT website from my house.  I continue to get the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT message. All other websites at my house work.  Several other hams that live in the area and have the same internet provider have no problem accessing the website.  I've called the internet provider and they said everything looks fine.  I've reset my modem/router, and no firewall or antivirus is installed.  I've cleared cache and cookies.  I've tried different browsers.  I've tried both Win10 and Linux.  I can turn off wifi and access the site via cellular on my phone.  I've followed about every tip I can find on the internet and still no luck when using my home internet.  I have been able to access the site in the past, and for many years.  I don't know what has changed, but I am at my wits end!  Has anyone here ever not been able to access a single website when others are working?  I know I can download the latest version from something like sourceforge, but it just bugs me that I can't get to the main site.  I really wish I could figure it out!  Thanks for any help that can be offered!

73, Reid K8JLW
Hi Reid,

you are not the first to report this issue. The edge servers at the Princeton.edu domain use tools to control spam and malware attacks which sometimes block ranges of IP addresses, your IP address may fall into one of those blocked ranges. As far as I know we have no control of that, sorry.