locked Re: Time Synch. #Timesync

Michael Black

If you start it with -g it should sync immediately.

Open services and find Network Time Protocol -- stop it and add the -g switch -- then start it back up again and test.

Inline image

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 12:47:16 PM CDT, Ron Schunk <ron051798@...> wrote:

I've been using Meinberg since February when I first got back on the air and also time.is ... when I bring my laptop back from 'sleep' mode I usually find that time.is never up to date...I always end up rebooting the laptop and then my time is exact...
Ron
WA8KQF

Virus-free. www.avast.com

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 2:47 PM Kermit Lehman via groups.io <ktfrog007=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have two computers I use for FT modes. As an experiment the one runs Dim4 and the other Meinberg. Both have worked well for me.

If you use Dim4, you need to find the closest open-access time server.  I use one from MIT, which is relatively nearby.  If you don't set Dim4 up properly in this regard, it won't work well.

Ken, AB1J

-----Original Message-----
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jul 26, 2021 5:26 pm
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Time Synch. #Timesync

Interesting, I have zero problems with Meinberg and until I switched had problems with DIM4 sometimes not finding the time server. Probably some setting I had wrong or I chose an intermittent time server. FWIW

gmendenh1947 if you have a callsign you might wish to create a signature line, or add your call to the post, so we have an idea who you are, or not. I'm going to guess you are one of the many Mendenhalls in the FCC data base that has a name starting with g.

--
73,  Jay  K0GU  DN70mq

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.