locked Re: Time Synch. #Timesync

Michael Black

If you start it with -g it should sync immediately.

Open services and find Network Time Protocol -- stop it and add the -g switch -- then start it back up again and test.

Inline image

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 12:47:16 PM CDT, Ron Schunk <ron051798@...> wrote:

I've been using Meinberg since February when I first got back on the air and also time.is ... when I bring my laptop back from 'sleep' mode I usually find that time.is never up to date...I always end up rebooting the laptop and then my time is exact...
Ron
WA8KQF

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 2:47 PM Kermit Lehman via groups.io <ktfrog007=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have two computers I use for FT modes. As an experiment the one runs Dim4 and the other Meinberg. Both have worked well for me.

If you use Dim4, you need to find the closest open-access time server.  I use one from MIT, which is relatively nearby.  If you don't set Dim4 up properly in this regard, it won't work well.

73,
Ken, AB1J