locked Re: PTT Cat Error when not using PTT #Cat_RigControl

Bill Somerville

On 26/07/2021 22:09, danzee via groups.io wrote:
Fresh WSJT-X installation on fresh Windows7 SP1 machine.
WSJT-X works and I'm able to make FT8 contacts (WSJT-X even controls the split transmit freq), but I get a Rig Control error message after each transmit cycle and have to check "retry" or "OK" & reconfigure. I have tried all combinations of handshake settings without success.
I have had WSJT-X running on other Win7 machines and not experienced this error. I looked at the configuration file from my last WSJT-X installation and it was 8-2-N with no handshake for my FTdx-5K. Those settings still give me the error. I'm using VOX, not PTT and have WSJT-X set that way, i.e. VOX checked off.
Rig Control error details:

Hamlib error: Target VFO unaccessible

newcat.c(1663):newcat_get_ptt return(0)

newcat_set_freq: ptt still on...retry#0

rig.c(1769):rig_set_freq return(12) while setting frequency
OM,

which version of WSJT-X are you using? If it is not WSJT-X v2.5.0 RC3 then can you try that please?

Your rig may require that "Settings->General->Allow Tx frequency changes while transmitting" is not checked. When using VOX with rigs that don't accept CAT QSY commands while transmitting you will have to reduce the VOX hang delay to minimum. It is by far preferable to use a hard wired PTT, particularly on rigs like yours where you can use either a CAT command or RTS on the enhanced virtual serial port at zero extra cost.