locked Re: WSJT-X Status File Error #IssueReport

Bill Somerville

Hi Harry,

it is Windows shells like CMD that are picky about path directory separators, the underlying file system accepts both, nothing to do with the Windows kernel. They are normally accepted in shells and applications when quoted. Anyway, it is of little matter and you can switch to what you call Windows path directory separators.

Let us know if the Avast whitelisting helps with the issue please?

On 26/07/2021 22:13, harry wrote:
Bill:

Thanks for the quick reply.

>> MS Windows allows both types.
Including (old) Windows 7?  When you say "allow" I presume Windows converts "/" to "\" in path names (in the kernel I hope).

>> Make sure the full path to the file is whitelisted in your AV
My anti-virus program is Avast.  Avast whitelist will not accept UNIX path separators (as displayed in the WSJT-X  diagnostic).  I did whitelist the path with Windows separators.  I will see what happens.

73
harry
KN4IJY

My On 7/26/2021 16:23, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 26/07/2021 21:06, harry wrote:

I am a new group member but a multi year WSPR user.  I just installed the latest WSJT-X software for Windows7.  At various times for unknown reasons I get the following error:

As one can see, the diagnostic path separators are "/" which is the UNIX style.  The Windows7 path separator is "\".  Is the Status File Error caused by WSPR trying to open an invalid path in Windows or an error in the diagnostic text?  I never got this error in earlier WSPR versions.

KN4IJY

Hi Harry,

the path directory separators in the message are fine, MS Windows allows both types.

This error is usually caused by interference from anti-virus applications. Make sure the full path to the file is whitelisted in your AV exclusions.