locked Re: WSJT-X Status File Error #IssueReport

Bill Somerville

On 26/07/2021 21:06, harry wrote:

I am a new group member but a multi year WSPR user.  I just installed the latest WSJT-X software for Windows7.  At various times for unknown reasons I get the following error:

As one can see, the diagnostic path separators are "/" which is the UNIX style.  The Windows7 path separator is "\".  Is the Status File Error caused by WSPR trying to open an invalid path in Windows or an error in the diagnostic text?  I never got this error in earlier WSPR versions.

KN4IJY

Hi Harry,

the path directory separators in the message are fine, MS Windows allows both types.

This error is usually caused by interference from anti-virus applications. Make sure the full path to the file is whitelisted in your AV exclusions.