From: Bob McGraw - K4TAX
Sent: 24 July 2021 18:11
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] What should Radio TX Power Setting really be? #wsjt-x #WSJTX_config #wsjt-x #radio

That being the case, then why is the PWR slider in the WSJT-X application available for use in both the TUNE and TRANSMIT mode and why does the application allow for saving those settings?

Thus if the PWR slider is set to a maximum of 0 dB, then the computer sound level must be reduced to a much lower level.  And/or the Line gain of the transceiver be reduced to a much lower level.   In these instances, the granularity of the adjustments becomes significant steps in terms of level adjustments.

Guess I don't understand your point and thinking.

73
Bob, K4TAX

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 07:47 AM, David Fanelli wrote:

First, set the "Pwr" slider on the Human/Machine Interface (HMI) to 0dB and never touch it. There are two reasons to keep the audio output of WSJT-X at full power. The first is that you need sufficient drive to activate the VOX of either the RIGblaster or Signalink. The second is quantization noise. Running the audio at full output reduces quantization noise.

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA