locked Re: #Transmit #K4 - Split Operation -> DATA-R Mode on Elecraft K4 #transmit #Elecraft

Rick Tavan

Yes, on W9MDB's recommendation I tried V. 2.5.0 and it fixed the problem. "Split Operation | Rig" works fine on K4 now. Thanks!

/Rick N6XI

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 2:52 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 19/07/2021 02:38, Rick Tavan wrote:
> I'm running WSJT-X 2.4.0 on a Dell XPS-13 laptop, running Windows 10
> Home 19.09 connected to an Elecraft K4 in DATA mode. Settings | Radio
> | Split Operation = Rig in order to position the transmit tone in the
> passband. I believe SPLIT was working a few WSJT-X releases ago. Now,
> when I double-click a CQ in the left-hand window, it puts the K4 VFO B
> into DATA-R mode ("reverse") and the K4 complains on its screen that
> that type of split mode isn't allowed. I suppose it also returns an
> error to WSJT-X because it then refrains from using SPLIT mode.
> Instead, it transmits on VFO A which remains at the bottom of the
> band. I'm pretty sure this was introduced in a recent release of
> WSJT-X. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks & 73,
>
> /Rick N6XI

Hi Rick,

give WSJT-X V2.5.0 RC3 a try and let us know how it goes please?

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA