locked Re: #JT9+JT65 combined menu option

Bill Somerville

On 18/07/2021 21:57, Karza wrote:
Panos,

Hi the menu mode contains already 12 selections I am sure there will not be any problem with one more so, please bring back the old  JT9+JT65 selection . I didn't understand why dissapeared; I am sure that the authors when add new modes can avoid to delete old selections 73.

It's not about the number of menu options. The mode just was not used all that much and it was difficult to maintain, so the developers decided to drop it.

I don't believe it will ever come back.

All is not lost however. I f you just cannot live without the 'JT9+JT65' mode you can install WSJT-X version 2.3.1 onto a separate folder than your current version.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

P.S: I sure hope one of the developers would confirm the death of 'JT9+JT65' mode.

Ohterwise this thread will run till doomsday...

Karza and Panos,

I do not see what else can be said, the reasons were stated clearly in the release notes for the version when Dual JT9+JT65 mode was removed.