locked Re: Contest mode? #ContestMode

Bill Somerville

On 18/07/2021 17:25, w5ec wrote:
Sometimes I am answered by several stations at the same time. In order to contact as many as possible in a short time,
can I go to a contest mode to shorten the contact time?
Bill W5EC
Hi Bill,

the contest modes in WSJT-X require all parties to switch to contest mode, with one minor exception that I know of QSOs will not progress without user intervention unless both ends have mutually switched to the right operations mode. This is one important reason why we recommend that contest organizers, who require exchanges supported by the WSJT-X special operating modes, include in their rules that contest QSOs should not take place on regular FT8, FT4, or MSK144 watering-hole frequencies.