locked Re: #ATTACHANDBLANK

Bill Somerville

On 18/07/2021 14:14, Alan G4ZFQ wrote:
Resent because I think I was set to HTML

I have Thunderbird set to view everything in plain text.  Groups.io seems to correctly format all messages for this mode as I can read everything.

Yes, I meant I sent it in plain text.

But afterwards I guessed it does not come back from groups.io as plain text although I'm set to read in plain text?

Alan

Hi Alan,

this group preserves the message formatting, in that text stays as text, HTML stays as HTML, and messages sent as both text and HTML also stay that way.

Groups.io offers options to convert to HTML stripping any text only portions, to normalize by removing any fonts or colours, or to convert to text stripping out any HTML. None of those options are enabled.