locked Re: #FT8 How to restore grid to 'needed' status for alerts #FT8

Bill Somerville

On 18/07/2021 02:02, Bob Wolters wrote:

I use the color alerts within WSJT-X on FT8 to let me know when a new grid or country is spotted.

Recently someone called CQ and it alerted me with a new grid color alert.  I called, we completed exchange and I logged it.

As you likely know, I will no longer receive a color alert for that grid / band in the future.

BUT

When the station submitted their info to LOTW it was for a different (home) grid, so NO possibility of getting the grid he called CQ with confirmed.

  ( in an email exchange the op admitted he ‘forgot’ to change the grid back to his home grid )

How can I restore the grid I thought I had worked per his CQ to alert me again for that grid ?

Is there a ‘look-up table’ or something like it that I can go into and restore that grid to ‘needed’ status ?   HOW ?

( I easily corrected the text version of the log file and that does not solve the problem )

Knowing how to do this could also help in restoring ‘needed’ status in those cases where the other op does not respond to QSL requests

and does not use LOTW.

Thanks in advance & 73,

Bob                         W5XC

Hi Bob,

if you keep a station log in a main station logging program then you can export an updates ADIF log file and use that to substitute for the wsjtx_log.adi file in the WSJT-X log files directory. If that option is not available then you can manually edit the incorrect QSO record in the wsjtx_log.adi file. All you need do is locate the right QSO record then adjust the GRID field to the correct grid square.