Re: Rig Control Error v2.4.0 #WSJTX_config #NewUser

Bruce N7XGR

Mike,  Because the FT891 does not have an audio CODEC IC inside.
It has only a CAT IC chip for rig control and firmware updates.
So an external interface is needed for the audio I/O connected to
the DATA jack on the back.

Bruce  N7XGR

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 8:30 AM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Why are you using a SignaLink?   All you need it is a standard USB cable (what's typically called a printer cable) to have both audio and CAT control.

Like this:

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 05:24:21 AM CDT, Martin G0HDB <marting0hdb@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 06:58 AM, Derek Le Vie KA7FBI wrote:
I'm trying to run v2.4.0 (c19d62).  Trying to connect to an FT-891 through a Signalink USB.  I've got all the settings matched and am getting a "Rig Control Error"
What am I missing?
The SignaLink-USB doesn't provide any facilities for CAT control of the rig (of any make/model); it's solely an audio interface.  You'll need to provide some other means for CAT controling the rig.

Even without CAT control of your FT-891 you'll be able to make QSOs if you configure WSJT-X so that the radio is set to 'None' and you also set the WSJT-X Tx frequency cursor on the waterfall (or use the Tx frequency box) to somewhere between 1500 and 2000Hz.

--
Martin G0HDB