locked Re: #FT1000MPM5Field

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-07-10 6:34 PM, Don Roden wrote:
Do the Yaesu radios do something similar ?
No, Neither Yaesu nor any other manufacturer to my knowledge use separate PTT inputs to select audio source. Yaesu and recent Icom
rigs use a dedicated "audio-data" mode (PKT-U/PKT-U, DATA-L/DATA-U,
USB_D/LSB_D, etc.) to select the audio source.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-10 6:34 PM, Don Roden wrote:
Again, as stated previously, using the mic, patch or DVS-2 inputs in
USB mode is the alternative for any Yaesu transceiver that does not
support PKT-USB (or User Defined Mode)

73,

... Joe, W4TV

Joe,

I don't have a late Yaesu, but my Kenwood ACC jack from the SignaLink has two different PTT pins.... one PTT selects the front microphone ( for a foot switch ) and the other selects the audio from the Signalink to the rear ACC jack.  If I select CAT control the radio defaults to the front microphone input, so  I don't select CAT for transmit.
Do the Yaesu radios do something similar ?
Don W4DNR