locked Re: When Callsign/8 portable is used the Grid Locator is not sent in a CQ

Jim Brown

On 7/11/2021 5:00 AM, Glen Jenkins WB4KTF wrote:
I am operating /8 and when calling CQ with the designator "/8" my Grid Locator is never sent in a CQ.  I had added the "/8" to my callsign on the General tab.
Why do you need to send /8? FCC Rules have not required it for 50 years. The grid you send tells callers where to point their antennas with far better precision than /8. I've lived in W6 for 15 years, but the only time I've used /6 was when calling CQ on 6M CW, which, thanks to FT8, I haven't done for four years.

73, Jim K9YC