Re: #FT1000MPM5Field

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-07-10 3:22 PM, Kyle Washington wrote:
I have an early model 1000MP, and it will not go below 456.300 fo
the TX Car setting.
That is *exactly* why I specified "LATE MODEL" FT-1000MP.

The information I provided below works perfectly with *LATE MODEL*
FT-1000MP as well as all FT-1000MP MKV and FT-1000MP MKV FIELD.

If you do get this working, I would love to know how you accomplish
it!
Get a FT-1000MP that allows the necessary setting of TX Car and Rx Car.

Again, as stated previously, using the mic, patch or DVS-2 inputs in
USB mode is the alternative for any Yaesu transceiver that does not
support PKT-USB (or User Defined Mode)

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-10 3:22 PM, Kyle Washington wrote:
I tried this with a USB sound card, and with my Signalink. I used the instructions on the Tigertronics page (http://www.tigertronics.com/ft1000mp.htm), but I couldn't get it to work. I don't find a lot of information on the Internet about how to get around this. I have an early model 1000MP, and it will not go below 456.300 fo the TX Car setting. Even on the Tigertronics page where they note this, they tell you to set it at 452.790 which is BELOW the threshold that they just told you about. I could view a waterfall, but it was shifted way to the right. About a third of it on the left side was missing, presumably because of these settings. I could not get it to transmit at all. The radio would click and do something - but it wasn't successful at sending.
If you do get this working, I would love to know how you accomplish it! I ended up buying the Heil mic cable that feeds in a 1/8" jack into the microphone jack, and I run that to the USB sound card. The input for the USB sound card comes from the External Speaker jack on the MP. I know that the Packet cable is supposed to do a better job, but so far this configuration is working for me so I haven't gone back to troubleshooting the packet issue.
73,
Kyle
KW4AU
On 2021-07-09 10:24 AM, Pa3gcu wrote:
Hi All.

If there is someone out there using this radio with wsjt-x could you
please drop me a personal email.
If and when i can get the radio to transmit tones i will post the
solution used.

Regards Richard PA3GCU. 73.