locked Re: #Q65 Sending 60 rather than 73 #Q65

Jim Brown

On 6/23/2021 2:01 AM, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:
Thanks Jim, but what is the difference between Rover and Mobile?
The generally accepted definition of Mobile is that it can be operated in motion. A Rover is generally defined by the rules of contests and/or awards as someone who operates from multiple contest/award entities, but not necessarily mobile. And some VHF contests require an entry to sign /R.

Our four-person contest group that activates counties for 7QP and CQP sets up portable in 6-8 counties during the course of 7QP, sometimes on county lines, and operates mobile between setup locations. Neither of those contests require /M or /R. Here's a set of slides showing our setup and operation several years ago in NV. k9yc.com/7QP.pdf It continues to evolve.

73, Jim K9YC