locked Re: #Q65 Sending 60 rather than 73 #Q65

Joe

Hi Jim,

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 11:05 AM, Jim @ K5ND wrote:
I just worked WB8LYJ/R in FM25 on 6 meters using Q65 30A. After the RRR was received, WSJT sent "WB8LYJ/R 60" rather than the two call signs and 73. Even using the free text message, it would not send WB8LYJ/R. Instead I had to enter WB8LYJ K5ND 73 which it did send.

I was using version 2.4. WB8LYJ/R told me he was using version 2.5.

What's up? Rover curse?

Thanks for any insight.
Have you done anything to try to reproduce this issue?  I have not been able to reproduce it here.

"WB8LYJ/R K5ND 73"  is a perfectly legitimate message, and as far as I can see it is generated, transmitted, and received correctly just like any other valid message in the "77-bit" WSJT-X modes (FST4, FT4, FT8, and Q65).

Please send us more details, if you believe something is wrong.

                    -- 73, Joe, K1JT