Re: VS: [WSJTX] Q65 and non-linear RF power amplifiers #Q65

Steve Kavanagh

Hi Peter

Yes, I saw your posting earlier...an interesting thread.  I am not sure I understand what the reasons are for the ramp up and down.  My interest in Q65 is really for VHF and up, where Class D and E amps are mostly impractical (though getting closer over time as technology improves), but running a Class C amp (or class A or AB in hard saturation) is easy.  I'm guessing there would be no equivalent issue with the ramps in this case, though I suppose there might be a momentary increase in dissipation.  But it would be helpful to know the waveform and what one gives up by eliminating the ramps.

74,
Steve VE3SMA