moderated Re: Call for information about PC systems being used for WSJT-X #general

Bill Somerville

Hi Rick,

my apologies, you are correct, the Core i3-370M does not support AVX:

On 11/06/2021 11:26, Rick Chapman wrote:

Hi Bill

Thanks for the response.

However, I'm unable to see AVX mentioned under the Core I3-370M processor column in the attachment.

The second column which does include AVX is for a different processor - Core I7-2600.

I extracted the data on the two processors I use for wsjt-x, the I3 is in the shack laptop and the I7 is in a desktop in another building, which I often use to run wsjt-x remotely  by piping the audio to and from the shack laptop over the lan.

I'd be happy if the laptop I3 does support AVX but i don't think so.

Cheers

Rick (GM4JIB)

On 09/06/2021 11:23, Bill Somerville wrote:
Rick,

that's not correct, the information that your CPU supports AVX is right there in the screen capture you attached!

On 09/06/2021 09:46, Rick Chapman wrote:

Hi Bill

I'm currently running an Intel Core I3-370M processor, which apparently does not support AVX (see attached under Instruction Set Extensions)

Data from https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=52213,49020

Cheers

Rick (GM4JIB)