So I take it all the log files and config files from my existing
installation need to be moved....
At 11:29 PM 6/6/2021, you wrote:
Its all in the Quick Start Guide.
Basically the installer puts the WSJT-X and MAP65 executables in the same
bin folder.Â MAP65 does not go in your existing MAP65
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 at 07:21, Ken Arck
- I'm a bit late to the game but I downloaded WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc1 and ran
the installer but I never am prompted about installing MAP65 nor has my
existing MAP65 installation changed.
- So what am I doing wrong?
- At 02:31 PM 6/2/2021, you wrote:
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
- Content-Language: en-US
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- Dear WSJT-X and MAP65 Users,
- We are pleased to announce that a public Release Candidate WSJT-X
2.5.0-rc1 is ready for download by beta testers.
- WSJT-X in this release is nearly identical to that in WSJT-X
2.4.0.Â The Q65 decoder has been enhanced to measure and compensate
for linear frequency drift in Q65 signals.Â In addition, the
Windows installation package now includes version 3.0 of program
- Potential interests of users in this release candidate can be sorted
into three main categories:
- 1. If you are currently using MAP65 for EME, we strongly recommend
installing WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc1.Â On the Windows platform this action
automatically installs MAP65 3.0.0-rc1 as well.Â MAP65 3.0 is a
major upgrade that incorporates the Q65 mode, complete with support for
LiveCQ and other features enjoyed by MAP65 users for many years.
- 2. If you are currently using an earlier version of WSJT or WSJT-X
for EME, or using the Q65 protocol for any purpose, WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc1
offers a faster and more robust decoder for Q65.Â If you are using
JT65 or JT4 for EME on any band, we recommend switching to the Q65 mode
and encouraging others to do so using WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc1.
- 3. If you are not currently interested in Q65, EME, or MAP65, there
is little reason for you to try WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc1.Â For your present
purposes WSJT-X 2.4.0 is just as good.
- Please note that MAP65 is installed automatically only on the Windows
platform.Â Please let us know if using MAP65 in Linux or macOS
would be important for you.
- If you need more information on recent additions to the capabilities
of WSJT-X and MAP65, these short papers may be of interest:
- "Quick-Start Guide to FST4 and FST4W"
- "Quick-Start Guide to Q65"
- "Quick-Start Guide to WSJT-X 2.5.0 and MAP65 3.0"
- "Q65 Sensitivity in MAP65 3.0"
- Links for downloading WSJT-X 2.5.0 can be found on the WSJT-X Home
- Scroll down to find "Candidate release:Â WSJT-X
- WSJT-X and MAP65 are licensed under the terms of Version 3 of the GNU
General Public License (GPLv3).Â Development of this software is a
cooperative project to which many amateur radio operators have
contributed.Â If you use our code, please have the courtesy to let
us know about it.Â If you find bugs or make improvements to the
code, please report them to us in a timely fashion.
- We hope you will enjoy using this beta release of WSJT-X 2.5.0 and
MAP65 3.0.0, and exercising the new mode Q65.Â As a beta tester you
should report on your experiences with new features, successful and
otherwise, on one of the relevant WSJT forums.Â Bugs should be
reported by following instructions found here in the User Guide:
- Â -- 73 from Joe, K1JT; Bill, G4WJS; Steve, K9AN; and Nico,
President and CTO - Arcom Controllers
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave.
We offer complete turn-key repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"