locked Re: WSJT Sensitivity V MSHV #why ?

Derek Brown

Ok chaps,

WSJT started before MSHV and sampling set at 48Khz, input level +30 with control from USB output of IC7610, quick test on 10m after a couple of periods, it would seem that WSJT and MSHV are about the same, but back on 6M, two weakish signals on 6M decoded on MSHV, but nothing decoded or seem in the waterfall on WSJT !! I can see noise on the waterfall on WSJT but no signals, I do see the same amount of noise on the waterfall of MSHV, but I do see and decode signals, weird, will probably continue to use both but maybe WSJT for HF and MSHV for 6M, will do some comparisions on 144 Mhz as well. BTW the PC is a Win 10 i5 processer,16 G ram and 1TB hd, if that helps, generic sound board though I guess, though that would all be software ? as I/O are via USB.

Derek G8ECI

On Sunday, 6 June 2021, 21:48:00 BST, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

>  I as said, even running WSJT-X (2.4) and MSHV at
> that same time ( it does seem to work) I received more decodes on MSHV
> than WSJT, so I cannot see input signal levels playing a part.

*DOES NOT MATTER*  It depends entirely on what the application expects
for audio input.  The fact that you do not see anything on the WSJTX
waterfall indicates that you have the audio input level set too low
for WSJTX.

Follow the audio set-up instructions in the WSJTX documentation to set
"no signal" band noise from your transceiver to +30.  Start WSJTX
*BEFORE* any other digital software and make sure your sound card
is set to 48 KHz sample rate *NOT* 44.1 KHz.

It's all in the documentation.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV