locked Re: WSJT Sensitivity V MSHV #why ?

Derek Brown

Hi Joe,

I would agree, but MSHV is using the exactly same connection (USB Codec) from the 7610 into the same sound card, without altering any of the settings in the 7610 ! I as said, even running WSJT-X (2.4) and MSHV at that same time ( it does seem to work) I received more decodes on MSHV than WSJT, so I cannot see input signal levels playing a part.

Derek G8ECI

On Sunday, 6 June 2021, 15:47:12 BST, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

On 2021-06-06 9:01 AM, Derek Brown via groups.io wrote:

> in some instances I cannot even seen the signals on the waterfall on
> WSJT-X, but i can hear them on the speaker of the IC7610,

Sounds like you do not have the audio levels set up properly.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-06 9:01 AM, Derek Brown via groups.io wrote:
>  Hi Mike,
> Well I tried it again this morning, both in parallel in the same RX cycle on 6M and MSHV always gets more decodes than WSJT-X, in some instances I cannot even seen the signals on the waterfall on WSJT-X, but i can hear them on the speaker of the IC7610, I will try and do a screen save of one or two RX cycles to show what I am getting, the RX signal into WSJT is in the green around 30 to 40 and in th green on MHSV, at least this morning I worked 9K2, A71, A45 and A65 on 6m allin auto sequence, on MSHV, but I did check WSJT, but there was no decodes from them there !!! Weird. Same radio, same PC just different programs.
> 73 Derek G8ECI
>
>      On Sunday, 6 June 2021, 13:05:35 BST, Mike G0LQI via groups.io <mfmhb9=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

>  Hi Derek,
> Just out of curiosity, I ran MSHV in parallel with WSJT-X on 10 m just now, getting about a dozen decodes each cycle. I found that MSHV never got more decodes and that every two or three cycles, WSJT-X got one or two more low S/N signals.
> 73 Mike G0LQI
>

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.