From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill
Somerville
Sent: Sunday, June 6, 2021 12:38 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc1 and MAP65 3.0-rc1 H/V signals #general

Amos,

as discussed previously MAP65 when used for polarization diversity requires
a pair of synchronized I/Q channels which must be interleaved, that is not
possible if your starting point is two separate stereo channels containing
I/Q data. Either a 4 channel audio device feeding an interleaved pair of I/Q
channels, or Linrad is supported using an interleaved pair of I/Q channels
via UDP in Linrad's own message format.

On 06/06/2021 07:04, Amos Sobel 4X4MF wrote:
Joe

I am preparing to work EME using Q65 on 2m:
I have a CROSS H/V long Yagi.
I have a Flex 6600 Radio which can support 2 antennas In parallel 1.
To enable the use of Q65, do I need a 2 channel Transverter to enable
2 instance processing of WSJT-X v2.5.0 with possible software
combination of the H/V data?
Or
2. Prefer a combination(X) of the H/V signals into one circularly
polarized signal at the antenna level and use 1 instance of Q65 with
possible switching between H/V/X signals?

Amos 4X4MF