From: WSJTX@groups.io <WSJTX@groups.io> On Behalf Of R Gape
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 1:13 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-X 2.0.1 from source

Ken,

1) the library development package you probably want in place of qt5libmultimedia-dev is qtmultimedia5-dev, and similarly for the other libraries, but check with synaptic.

2) in regards to your friend using Mint 18.3, which is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and the libc issue. The package on the K1JT website, IIRC, is built against Ubuntu 18.04.

3) There is a PPA for WSJT-X, but, like many of us, the maintainer has many other calls upon their time, and currently is at v2.0.0, not the bug-fixed 2.0.1. It is at https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt/+archive/ubuntu/wsjtx. It offers packages for LTSes 18.04, 16.04 and 14.04.

HTH, 73,

Robin, G8DQX

On 27/02/2019 15:47, AD5XJ, KEN wrote:

When attempting to compile from source - the dependency list indicates the modules qt5libmultimedia-dev,  qt5libserialport-dev and their dependencies.

On my Linux Mint 19.1 machine with Qt 5.12.1 installed these files are no where to be found and not in the Synaptic list of files from the repo.
Where do I find them and why are they used instead of the shared libraries from Qt 5 and Qt source?

Also not explainable is the prerequisite of libc >= 2.27 when trying to install the .deb package with GDebi. This is not available until Mint 19. My Mint 19.1 installed it but
a ham friend who also runs MInt (albeit 18.3) could not for this reason. Since we experienced the problems with the headers and this libc problem he is SOL.

Please help us resolve these problems.

View/Reply Online (#2539): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/2539
-=-=-
Moderated by The Two Brits<br />(Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA)
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io