locked #BugReport - Display issue using HRD Log #IssueReport

N S <kl7rs@...>

Strange Bug to report.

Display issue with JTAlert menu bar window when using Ham Radio Deluxe LOG

SYSTEM:

Processor: i7-4770k 3.5Ghz

RAM: 16.0 GB

OS: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.985

With Windows Feature Experience Pac 120.2212.2020.0

Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with driver 27.21.14.6192

Display Samsung 4k x 2k, 3840 x 2160 native 60Hz

Win4IcomSuite v 1.3.1.4 – also acts as ICOM Compatible HRD Server

    address 127.0.0.1 port 7809, HRD 6

 HRD Logbook v6.7.0.277

 WSJT-X v2.4.0

JTAlert v2.50.1

PROBLEM:

If I go into JTAlert and select Logging to HRD v5/v6, Version 6.3 or later, 6.7.0.269 or later adif 3.1 compliant Log – I EXPERIENCE THIS PROBLEM:

The JTAlert menu bar flashes and when it finally connects to display HRD Log in the top of the menu bar, the window changes size (smaller) and the drop down menu titles appear to be below the box.  The drop down menus are still accessible but are extremely difficult to access because only the very tops of the letters Alerts, Settings, View, Sound ON and Help are displayed at the very bottom of the window.   The menu titles are no longer readable because they appear nearly off the screen.

If I uncheck “Select Logging to HRD”, close JTAlert and restart it, the menu bar appears to be normal again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled nearly everything but still getting the same results.   I’ve also taken Win4IcomSuite out and have use HRD and HRD Logbook directly. Still get the same results.

Norm – W7CK