locked Re: wsjt-x on linux, jtalrt and dxlab on windows? #WSJTX_config #linux

Bill Somerville

On 30/05/2021 20:15, Jim Pennino via groups.io wrote:
Since wsjt-x communicates with jtalert and dxlab via udp, is it supported configuration to run wsjt-x on a linux machine communicating with jtalert and dxlab running on a windows machine?

This would be on a local, reliable, high speed network.
Hi Jim,

as far as I know there is no issue with interoperation with DX Lab Suite across the Internet, specifically with SpotCollector, all you should need to do is open the server port in your firewall (usually 2237) for incoming UDP on the machine running SpotCollector, and specify that machine's IP address in the WSJT-X "Settings->Reporting->UDP Server" field.

With JTAlert I don't think it is possible as JTAlert does several things that require access to WSJT-X files and processes of the machine it is running on.