Re: FT991A and MacOS #WSJTX_config #AudioIssues #NewUser #mac

Jeremy Stark

I don’t know what’s going on here.

I lost the audio device and unplugged the USB, restarted the software with the USB back in. It was briefly working, including Tx. I stopped transmit, and then I couldn’t select “Enable Tx” again.

I restarted the software, and now it’s gone deaf again.

--
Jeremy
G7BHB

On 26 May 2021, at 00:30, Shane Carruth <scarruth31@...> wrote:

Also check in your system settings that your output volume isn’t muted. I’ve had that happen to me a few times.

Shane Carruth

On May 25, 2021, at 13:38, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 25/05/2021 20:27, Jeremy Stark via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

I had some initial success with WSPR, but since then the software appears completely deaf on all modes; I think since I updated WSJT-X (it’s been a while since I played with it).

The MIDI setup volume sliders are greyed out at 0 volume, and the WSJT-X dB scale (lower left) shows 0dB all the time.

<Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 11.32.47.png>

I don’t know what’s changed, and I can hear signals on the FT991A speaker.

I have tried setting the FT991A menus to various combinations as per various advice online, but am obviously missing something.

I am using MacOS 10.14.6, WSJT-X v2.3.0 0c42df, CAT control via USB (which works apart from the audio).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

--
Jeremy Stark
G7BHB

Hi Jeremy,

one thing to check is that WSJT-X has been authorized to use the microphone input in "System Preferences->Security".