Re: CAT control with FT-857 #general

Joe Subich, W4TV

Lance,

1) Many Yaesu rigs are fussy about stop bits.

From page 114, first paragraph in the FT-857 Operating Manual:

Each byte consists of 1 start bit, 8 data bits, no parity bit, *and two stop bits.*
Check your settings in WSJTX.

I thought I had it working last year,
2) Make sure the CAT Rate (Menu 19) has not reset to the default
(4800 bps). I see you have WSJTX set to 38.400 bps.

Also make sure that CAT/LIN/TUN (Menu 20) is set to CAT if
you are using the DIN jack on the rear panel of the FT-857
for CAT.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-25 11:13 AM, Lance Collister, W7GJ wrote:
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:     CAT control with FT-857 #general
Date:     Mon, 24 May 2021 19:35:06 +0000
From:     Lance Collister, W7GJ <w7gj@bigskyspaces.com>
To:     WSJTX@groups.io
Hello!
I am using Windows 10 with a RIGblaster Plug and Play to connect my laptop to my FT-857 transceiver.  My PTT works fine but I can't seem to get the CAT control to work. I have CAT selected on the FT-857 for the connection jack on the rear.  I thought I had it working last year, but now I get the attached error when I try to set it up on WSJT-X. I have been using it with the RADIO set to NONE, but I would like to be able to use the CAT control to set the frequency if that is possible. I would appreciate any tips or suggestions regarding a solution. I suspect maybe the connections on the DIN connectors are dirty and/or the cables have become defective.  I did use an ample amount of contact cleaner on the DIN connectors and cables when  connected things up a few weeks ago, though...I have downloaded and installed the most recent drivers from West Mountain Radio several times. I don't know if maybe I have an outdated HAMLIB file or something....
MNI TNX and VY 73, Lance