Re: QRA-65 vs. Q65 ? #Q65

Bill Somerville

On 25/05/2021 13:03, Bill wrote:
Question:

Is QRA-65 the same as Q65 ?

My version of JT, has QRA-65 but not Q65 and checking PSK reporter it seems it is getting popular on 6 meters and I would like to try it and what frequency is it being used on ?

K2WH

P. S. - What's a hashtag anyway and why is that required to post ?
Hi Bill,

QRA64 mode has been superseded by Q65 mode. They share common characteristics but Q65 has been imbued with more flexibility making it suitable for use with more propagation paths and operating frequencies. Overall we feel that there is nothing that QRA64 offered than cannot be done as well or better using Q65.